Engage is a platform that empowers students to connect to campus, discover opportunities, and take charge of their own co-curricular involvement at Mizzou, while also providing user-friendly organization management and communication tools. In Engage, every student is able to document their co-curricular experiences and develop a portfolio of their learning outside the classroom including organization memberships, event participation, leadership positions and community service.
Engage has replaced OrgSync as Mizzou’s student engagement platform. Many of the best features of OrgSync have been incorporated into Engage in addition to several new features like mobile event check-ins and organization elections.
ORG Equipment Check Out
ORG is happy to lend equipment out to groups for events and activities. Stop by our office to sign out any of the following, free of charge:
- GoPro + accessories
- Digital camcorders
- Digital cameras
- Walkie Talkies
- Card Swipe Readers
- Cash Box
- Speaker systems and accessories
If you know that you’ll need any of these items in advance, you can call us and reserve them. All equipment can only be checked out for two days (except tents, which must be returned the same day), and can’t be taken over the weekend.
ORG Screen Printing
The Organization Resource Group (ORG) offers screen printing services for all Recognized Student Organizations who are active and in good standing. Screen printing is available on a first come, first serve basis. Preference will be given to student organizations who have completed their Engage profile update and attended Annual Training for the current academic year.
To take advantage of this service please submit a Screen Printing Request Form.
Office and Storage Space
ORG offers Recognized Student Organizations the opportunity to reserve one of the professional cubicle spaces and/or storage spaces in the Center for Student Involvement (CSI). All student organizations who wish to hold office or storage space in the CSI must complete an application in the Spring.
General expectations for organizations that are allocated space include:
- Remain in good standing with the Organization Resource Group (ORG) for the entire academic year.
- Remove all trash from space and keep the area clean and orderly. Utilize the recycling bins located next to the Involvement Ambassador desk.
- Post and maintain a minimum of 10 office hours per week.
- Use the space in a respectful, professional manner. This means that you will keep your space clean, presentable, and neat.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Do not steal chairs from the center tables or other cubicles and leave them in your space.
- Do not use your space solely for storage.
- While we understand that you may do homework/study during your office hours occasionally, that should not be the primary use of the space.
Information regarding the next Office/Storage Space Application will be posted on Engage and e-mailed to organization officers.
Student Organization Meeting Spaces
The Organization Resource Group has recently renovated our meeting spaces within the Student Organization space in the CSI to enhance the quality of your meetings. Each meeting room now has a full set of white boards, a TV and an HDMI cord to hook up your laptop. We understand that some Macbooks are not compatible with HDMIs, so we now also have HDMI adapters available for checkout in our office. The meeting rooms do not require a room reservation, but if you would like to make sure an organization doesn’t use the room when you need it, you must make a reservation.
Room Reservation/Adapter Information
- Reservations may only be made by Recognized Student Organizations in good standing.
- Reservations are NOT to be used for group study sessions, but instead for organization meetings or business.
- Meeting room reservations must be made during ORG’s normal business hours (M-F, 8-5) and must be done in office (2507R) or by e-mail no later than 4pm the day before (2 hour time limit on all reservations).
- Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance.
- Each organization has a limit to 6 hours per week of reservations.
- During non-business hours and times where no organization has reserved the space, the meeting spaces can be used without a reservation.
- Recognized Student Organizations have the right to politely ask groups utilizing the meeting room for studying and if they wish to use them for organization business. An organization that wants to use it for studying may NOT ask a group studying to leave.
- If utilizing the TV monitors please be courteous of those around you! The maximum volume level is 10.
- All adapters must be returned within the two hour time limit that your organization has your space. ORG’s adapters are meant to be used for these meeting rooms only, and cannot be taken out of the CSI.
Banners can be a very effective way of advertising your organization and events. ORG will offer approximately 100 professional quality banners every year for student organizations—50 in the fall and 50 in the spring. Banners will be available on a first come, first served basis. Preference will be given to student organizations who have completed their Engage profile update and attended Annual Training for the current academic year.
The Student Design Center will work with you to create a professional, creative design. We just ask that your banner is re-usable, not for a one-time event. Details on how to request a banner will be posted on Engage at the beginning of each semester.
Student Design Center
ORG, in conjunction with the Department of Student Life and MSA/GPC, provides professional graphic design services from the Student Design Center free of charge to Recognized Student Organizations. The Design Center can design new logos for your organization, develop brochures, flyers, posters, etc., design a banner, and more. Visit mizzoulife.missouri.edu/marcom/ for more information!
Recognized student organizations may create a group website using Engage. Visit their website for information from the Student Life Web Team.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a website please do not hesitate to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Recognized Student Organization may request a mailbox in the Center for Student Involvement (CSI). Mailboxes are allocated to organizations in good-standing on a first come, first served basis each academic year. The mailboxes are located across from the Organization Resource Group office, 2507R MU Student Center.
Visit https://missouri.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/282153 to apply for a mailbox!